Equity, Diversity, Inclusion - Feb. 18
February 18, 2022
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Who is this for?
- Anyone seeking to explore equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI), personally and professionally, so that we may better serve our communities with understanding, skill, and joy.
- Job/Career Seekers, Students, Professional staff, and managers from all industry
As we look to build more hopeful, equitable workplace, the ability to connect with those who think, believe, or look differently, becomes increasingly vital in order for us to embody active, guiding roles as members of our global community.
This workshop will seek to provide a space for participants to deepen their listening skills, invite a greater awareness of self and others, and explore foundational experiences surrounding race, gender, sexual identity, and capability/mobility.
We offer a trauma-informed, resiliency-focused, mindfulness approach to explore diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We believe that there is beauty and strength to be gained, and lessons to be learned, in recognizing, honoring and affirming the dignity and humanity of all peoples.
- Kiersta Fricke-Gostnell, Educator, Certified completer of the Nalanda Contemplative Psychotherapy Program, and Empower Launchpad Facilitator
- Anna Sherman, Certified Life Transition Guide, Provisionally Certified Community Resiliency Model (R) Teacher, and Coach with Empower
Outcomes & Benefits You’ll Receive:
- Understand how racism and implicit bias operate
- Grow EDI vocabulary
- Deepen active listening skills
- Invite awareness
- Explore foundational experiences around differences
- Reflect and create shared meaning
- Strengthen tools for bridge-building to improve your own life as well as the lives of those you love, work with and/or serve
- Receive a Certificate of Completion