Virtual Workshop Facilitator
Empower Virtual Workshop Facilitator is responsible to hold a consistent, intentional, and empowering space to help those we serve see their potential and live their best lives.
We expect the highest level of facilitation, absolute professionalism, and a love for clients and contribution. All work is done on a contractor basis via Zoom.
The Empower Virtual Workshop Facilitator is responsible for guiding (mostly) job and career seekers through soft-skills development training, helping workshop participants engage, see their excellence, contribution, and ability to create or elevated their experience in concepts such as dependability, communication, personal accountability, problem-solving, and more.
- Understand client demographics
- Understand the difference between coaching and teaching within the context of facilitating groups of varied background and interest
- Manage attendance, chat, and all of other functions that support the learning environment
- Facilitate effective workshops
- Engage in conversations with participants post-workshop
- Continue to learn and grow
- Incorporate developmental suggestions and feedback
- Professional communication with clients, Empower team, referring organization, etc.
- Be open to change and be flexible
- Attend monthly meetings ready to learn and contribute
- Support Empower’s Cultural Manifesto (mission and core values)
- Confidently topics and hold space for participants with diverse backgrounds
- Master all necessary technology
- Be organized and resourceful
- Demonstrate leadership energy
- Represent Empower well (adhere to professionalism)
- Virtual Workshop Facilitation
- Non-negotiable adherence to all pertinent ethical guidelines
- Ability to encourage introspection, connection, and ambition
- Outstanding verbal communication skills
- Non-judgmental, reflective, and empathic
- Decisive but amenable to change
- Guide group conversation towards exploration and learning
- Coaching qualifications, preferably endorsed by the International Coach Federation
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certifications/trainings in ACEs, Trauma-Informed Care, Poverty, etc.
- Experience in working with youth (ages 14+) and adult learners, workforce development, and soft skill development
- Facilitate The LaunchPad Series, a series of one-hour workshops.
- Represent Empower as a trained professional generating good will, high emotional intelligence, and maintaining our positive reputation in the community
- Teach and model useful emotional and behavioral regulation techniques
- Collaborate with participants to develop action plans that center on the actualization of their stated ambitions
- Help participants create practices that build self-awareness, self-care, self-love, and safe boundaries
- Encourage and maintain resonate relationships with clients that continue and sustain growth
- Actively participate in gathering feedback and testimonials from those you’ve served through Empower
To be considered for the position you must:
- Pass a criminal background check
- Be willing to serve as a Mandated Reporter, reporting incidents to the proper authorities if necessary
- Contractors usually facilitate 1-12 workshops monthly and earn between $85-$125 per workshop (see below for detail)
Empower’s Cultural Manifesto
- Excellence – We are highly trained and highly skilled coaches, trainers, and contributors. We strive for excellence as practitioners and what we offer to those we serve. We honor time commitments, energy commitments, client and contractual outcomes, communication with clients, each other, business and contractors (even when it’s hard).
- Joy – Through joy and curiosity we bring our authentic selves to the work we do and lives we live. We seek joy on-purpose. Freedom and flexibility are biproducts of this work.
- Empowerment – We believe unequivocally that those we coach and train, are creative, resourceful, equal, and whole. Through empowering relationships and highly trained skills, we assist others in self-awareness, choice, intention, and personal power.
- We live the Genius of the AND. We are:
- Creative and Disciplined
- Innovation and Execution
- Humility and Audacity
- Freedom and Responsibility
- Short-term and Long-term
- Vulnerability and Courage
- Analysis and Action
- Individual and Team
- Continuity and Change
- Realistic and Visionary
- Value and Results
- Purpose and Profit
To personally and professionally empower our clients, the organizations we proudly serve, and ourselves.
BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goals – AKA:Mission)
- To “Empower” as many people as possible
- To be #1 choice for workforce development partners for providing soft-skill and self-development services
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We do not consider race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or disability. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.